The City recognizes that building a successful tourism economy in Guelph requires the collective effort of its stakeholder community. The primary role of Guelph Tourism Services is to foster a robust and well-connected stakeholder community through engagement, facilitation and coordination.
The focus of Guelph Tourism Services is to:
- Develop and promote Guelph as a destination
- Model the highest standard for visitor services
- Foster a community of practice to stimulate collaboration and information sharing
- Steward the Guelph story
- Measure and communicate economic impact
Information about local attractions is available for pick up at the Tourism Information Kiosk, located in the entrance atrium at Guelph Civic Museum. The museum’s reception staff are available during museum hours to answer any questions. Our administrative office is located in City Hall.
Tourism Information Kiosk
Guelph Civic Museum
52 Norfolk Street
Guelph, Ontario N1H 3A1
Open Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Parking is free.
Guelph Tourism Services
1 Carden Street, 2nd floor
Guelph, Ontario N1H 3A1
Open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Toll free: 1-800-334-4519
Book an appointment to meet with staff
Guelph Tourism Network
In 2016 Guelph Tourism Services invited Guelph and Wellington County-based businesses and organizations, whose primary mandate is tourism, to participate in a newly formed Guelph Tourism Network.
The Network brings together stakeholders who are:
- Committed to working together to grow Guelph as a modern leader in destination development
- Eager to tell the best stories and share them with the world
- Interested in collaborations that set the highest standard for visitor services
We support the Network through:
- Digital promotion and storytelling support
- Regular updates and communication
- Cooperative advertising opportunities in targeted travel platforms
- Profiles on visitguelphwellington.ca
- Affiliated memberships to organizations with a mandate to grow tourism
- Modern visitor information delivery and distribution
- Tourism business development support
Conference support and event services
We support conferences, events, and sport tournaments that bring visitors to Guelph to create a memorable experience.
We provide support from the planning stages through to implementation with:
- Itinerary development
- Tourism To Go kiosk at registration
- Distribution of special offers/discounts for local attractions
- Dining and accommodation resources
- Delegate packages including visitor information
- Web and social media promotion
Tourism research and data collection
The City of Guelph recognizes that innovative and collaborative destination development plays an important role in advancing Guelph as a destination of choice and building a strong local economy.
In 2015, the Regional Tourism Organization 4 (RTO4) funded and launched a community-driven initiative based on the DestinationNEXT model. Called DestinationGUELPH, this initiative has resulted in a series of collaborative projects designed to develop new visitor experiences, share Guelph’s authentic stories, and build our brand as a vibrant must-see destination.
To support DestinationGUELPH, the City’s tourism staff engaged as facilitators, leaders and/or partners on several projects. For background and progress to date, visit the RTO4 website.
DestinationGUELPH projects currently in implementation phase:
- Formation of a Tourism Stakeholder Network to increase industry engagement
- Modernization of tourism information and visitor services
- Development of a downtown Guelph micro destination
- Establishment of economic impact and key performance indicators
- Creation of new programming, such as Music Weekends
- Installation of WiFi infrastructure at the City’s cultural facilities
- Research to investigate potential for Guelph as Music City
- #GlowGuelph at the covered bridge