Report a parking violation
- Use the Report a problem map
- Use the online form, or
- Call 519-837-2529
We will respond within two business days.
Pay a parking fine or ticket
A convenience fee applies when paying with VISA or MasterCard.
Pay by mail
To pay a parking fine using cheque, debit, money order, VISA or MasterCard by mail, choose one of the following options:
- Mail to City of Guelph, Parking Division, 1 Carden Street, Guelph, ON N1H 3A1
- Mail to Guelph Provincial Offences Court, 59 Carden Street, Guelph, ON N1H 2Z9
- To pay with cash, visit City Hall or the Guelph Provincial Offences Court Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (drop box available after hours)
Please do not mail cash or leave cash in the after-hours drop box.
Pay in person
You can pay your ticket at one of two service counters at City Hall, 1 Carden Street. Payments are accepted in cash, cheque, debit, money order, Visa and MasterCard.
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Regular Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours (July and August): Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Both counters are closed on statutory holidays and Remembrance Day.
Note: Wait times are always shorter mid-month. Save yourself time by avoiding the end-of-month lineup.
Drop boxes are available for your convenience at City Hall:
- During office hours: Inside the main doors by the ServiceGuelph counter
- After-hours: Outside on the stone wall just west of the main doors towards the Wilson Street Parking Lot
Ask for a parking fine review
If you believe you received a ticket in error or want to review a ticket for compassionate reasons you may request a parking ticket review.
- Report a concern about a parking ticket online
- Call 519-822-1260 extension 2423
Challenge a parking ticket in court
- Complete Option 2 on the back of the ticket
- Mail or submit your parking ticket, and you will receive notice of trial Mail to: Guelph Provincial Offences Court
59 Carden Street
Guelph, ON N1H 2Z9
Please note the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General regulates tickets and fines.
Overnight on-street parking
Short-term on-street overnight parking exemptions are available for residents outside the downtown area:
- Maximum two vehicles per exemption
- Maximum two days per exemption
- Maximum 12 exemptions per year
All on-street parking and parking exemptions may be suspended during winter storms and/or other emergencies.
- Request overnight parking exemption online(login required)
- Call 519-837-2529
Overnight on-street parking is not permitted downtown. Downtown residents are encouraged to use municipal parking lots to accommodate guests. Please check signs to see where overnight parking is permitted.
Each winter, Guelph restricts on-street parking to allow for the safe operation of snow removal, Guelph Transit and emergency vehicles.
Starting on December 1 at 2 a.m. until April 1 at 2 a.m. on-street parking is not permitted between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. unless otherwise posted.
Get a parking permit
Downtown parking permit
Downtown parking permits are issued based on availability. When you apply, please consider two possible parking lot locations.
- Request a downtown parking permit online
- Call 519-822-1260 extension 2888
Walk a little, save a lot. Monthly parking permit fees are lower in less popular lots located a little further from the downtown core.
Downtown parking rates, permit fees and locations
Accessible parking permit
Apply for an accessible parking permit online
Call 519-822-1260 extension 2888 to request an application in a different format.
People living with disabilities on a limited income can apply for a free accessible parking permit. Your application must include:
- Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Permit number and expiry date
- Your address in Guelph and the number of people living in your home
- Annual income (Income Tax Assessment)
The permit is valid for one year and can be used at all City-owned parking lots, parkades, and metered parking spaces. Please ensure both accessible parking permits are visible.
View a map of downtown parking locations
Veteran parking permit or transit pass
- Apply for a veteran parking permit or transit pass online
- Print an application form
- Call 519-822-1260 extension 2888
Veterans can apply for a free parking permit to use in municipal parking lots downtown and on-street metres at the Guelph Public Library. The veteran parking permit cannot be used on private property, off-street metres or lots at the General Hospital.
Learn more about free veteran parking permit terms and conditions
To apply you’ll need a copy of one of the following documents:
Canadian Forces Certificate of Service or Discharge Certificate (front and back) or equivalent for the Merchant Navy and Allied Forces
Veterans Affairs Canada Health Identification Card
A letter from your home unit confirming type of service, receipt of Canadian Decoration or three years of paid duty
A letter from your police service confirming your involvement in a NATO operation or a United Nations (UN) peacekeeping mission
Statement of service or discharge certificate showing service in Vietnam during Vietnam War in the United States forces or the forces of its allies during this war and proof of Canadian Citizenship at the time of service
Documents must be in English or French or accompanied by a certified translation of the document.
Applications are also available at: