Report a parking infraction
Pay a parking fine or ticket
A convenience fee applies when paying with VISA or MasterCard.
To pay a parking fine using cash, cheque, debit, money order, VISA or MasterCard by mail or in person, choose one of the following options
- Mail to City of Guelph, Parking Division, 1 Carden Street Guelph, ON N1H 3A1
- Mail to Guelph Provincial Offences Court, 59 Carden Street, Guelph ON N1H 2Z9
- Visit City Hall or the Guelph Provincial Offences Court Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (drop box available after hours)
Please do not mail cash or leave cash in after-hours drop box.
Pay for parking by phone
Login to mackaypay.com and enter the code to pay for parking by phone. A 40 cent service fee applies to each session. You can extend your parking session for free.
- Baker Street parking lot: Zone 3053
- East surface parking lot: Zone 3051
- Macdonell Street parking lot: Zone 3052
- Wyndham Street parking lot: Zone 3050
Ask for a parking fine review
If you believe you received a ticket in error or want to review a ticket for compassionate reasons you may request a parking ticket review
- Call 519-822-1260 extension: 2423
Challenge a parking ticket in court
- Complete Option 2 on the back of the ticket
- Mail or submit your parking ticket, and you will receive a notice of trial date:Guelph Provincial Offences Court
59 Carden Street
Guelph, ON N1H 2Z9
Please note the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General regulates tickets and fines.
Overnight parking and winter parking
Overnight on-street parking is not permitted downtown. Downtown residents are encouraged to use municipal parking lots to accommodate guests. Please check signs to see where overnight parking is permitted.Each winter, Guelph restricts on-street parking to allow for the safe operation of snow removal, Guelph Transit and emergency vehicles.
Starting on December 1 at 2 a.m. until April 1 at 2 a.m. on-street parking is not permitted between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. unless otherwise posted.
Short-term on-street exemption permits are available for residents outside the downtown area:
- Maximum two vehicles per exemption
- Maximum two days per exemption
- Maximum 12 exemptions per year
All on-street parking and parking exemptions may be suspended during winter storms and/or other emergencies.
- Request overnight parking exemption online (login required)
- Call 519-837-2529
Get a parking permit
Downtown parking permit
Walk a little, save a lot. Monthly parking permit fees are lower in less popular lots located a little further from the downtown core.
Downtown parking permits are issued based on availability. When you apply, please consider two possible parking lot locations.
- Request a downtown parking permit online
- Call 519-822-1260 extension 2888
Accessible parking permit
People living with disabilities on a limited income can apply for a free accessible parking permit. Your application must include:
- Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Permit number and expiry date
- Your address in Guelph and the number of people living in your home
- Annual income (Income Tax Assessment)
The permit is valid for one year and can be used at all City-owned parking lots, parkades, and metered parking spaces. Please ensure both accessible parking permits are visible.
Call 519-822-1260 extension 2888 to request an application in a different format.
Veteran parking permit or transit pass
Veterans can apply for a free parking permit to use in municipal parking lots downtown and on-street metres at the Guelph Public Library. The veteran parking permit cannot be used on private property, off-street metres or lots at the General Hospital.
To apply you’ll need a copy of ONE of the following documents:
- Canadian Forces Certificate of Service or Discharge Certificate (front and back) or equivalent for the Merchant Navy and Allied Forces
- Veterans Affairs Canada Health Identification Card
- A letter from your home unit confirming type of service, receipt of Canadian Decoration or three years of paid duty
- A letter from your police service confirming your involvement in a NATO operation or a United Nations (UN) peacekeeping mission
- Statement of service or discharge certificate showing service in Vietnam during Vietnam War in the United States forces or the forces of its allies during this war and proof of Canadian Citizenship at the time of service
Documents must be in English or French or accompanied by a certified translation of the document
- Apply for a veteran parking permit or transit pass online
- Print an application form
- Call 519-822-1260 extension 2888
Applications are also available at: