You spot them, we’ll fix them

Guelph regularly inspects all 581 kilometres of roads to address potholes and other road deficiencies according to provincial Minimum Maintenance Standards for Municipal Highways.

We appreciate your help spotting and reporting potholes in your neighbourhood.

Report a pothole in Guelph

To report a pothole within Guelph city limits you will need:

  • name of the street
  • nearest building number
  • name of the nearest cross-street
  • which lane (i.e., north bound lane, turning lane, etc.)
  • approximate size (i.e. dinner plate, manhole)
  • view a map of Guelph roads

Report a pothole

Claim for damages caused by potholes

The City of Guelph is not considered responsible for damages unless it fails to inspect and maintain roads according to standards set out in the Municipal Act, Ontario Regulation 239/02 Minimum Maintenance Standards for Municipal Highways.

Make a claim

Report a pothole on the Hanlon Parkway/Highway 6 North

For concerns with road conditions along the Hanlon Parkway/Highway 6 North please call MTO INFO at 416-235-4686 or toll-free at 1-800-268-4686. (TTY: 905-704-2426 or 1-866-471-8929)

Report a pothole in Wellington County (outside Guelph)

For concerns outside Guelph please contact the Wellington County Roads Division at 519-837-2601 or 1-800-663-0750.