Zoning Bylaw Review
Comprehensive Zoning Bylaw Review
New City of Guelph Zoning Bylaw (2023)-20790
On April 18, 2023, City Council approved the new Zoning By-law (2023)-20790.
Zoning By-law (2023)-20790 is currently under appeal. Any application made during the appeal period must comply with both Zoning By-laws, (1995)-14864 and (2023)-20790.
April 19, 2023
What is a zoning bylaw?
A zoning bylaw is a series of rules that tell us:
- What a property can be used for;
- How big the property or structure can be;
- Where buildings can be placed;
- How tall, what size, and how many buildings can be built, and;
- How many parking spaces are needed, and where the parking spaces can be located.
For more information
Abby Watts, Project Manager, Policy Planning
Infrastructure, Development and Enterprise Services
Planning and Building Services
519-822-1260 extension 3314