Street sweeping

Report debris or spills on your street

To report debris or a spill (gravel, manure, garbage, etc.),

We will respond within two business days.

To report a problem please tell us:

  • name of the street
  • nearest address
  • name of the nearest intersection
  • description of issue

Debris spills are addressed on a priority basis.

Thank you for helping keep our streets clean.

Environmental or chemical spill

To report a spill with an environmental concern, please contact the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks at 1-800-268-6060.

Street sweeping in Guelph

Sweeping starts every spring between April and May, weather permitting. Arterial roads are swept first followed by residential streets.

As our sweepers make their rounds in the city, cars parked on narrow roads may need to move for a few hours while we complete our work. If your street is affected, you’ll see an information board placed in your neighbourhood a couple of days in advance, so you have time to find a temporary, alternate parking spot.

Street sweeping protects Guelph’s drinking water

Street sweeping protects Guelph’s water quality and the environment by keeping sand, salt and debris out of ponds, rivers and streams. It also keeps storm drains clear so rain and melted snow have somewhere to go.

Learn how you can help protect Guelph’s source water

Reporting concerns on the Hanlon Parkway and in Wellington County