Litter on Guelph streets

Anything that should be put in a trash can or recycling bin but instead gets dumped on streets, parking lots, sidewalks, roads, highways, the countryside or any other place it doesn’t belong, is called litter. It could be anything from broken bags of trash, bottles, roadkill, and furniture to unwanted appliances. Keeping our City litter-free is a full-time job that requires all of us to play an important role.

The City of Guelph Operations Department is responsible for removing most litter from roadways and boulevards including trash, furniture, appliances and large dead animals such as deer.

Here are some ways to keep litter under control:

Roadkill – small animals

For the removal of small dead animals such as skunks, raccoons or groundhogs contact the Guelph Humane Society. You may use this form for larger roadkill like deer.

Hanlon Parkway/Highway 6 North

For concerns with road conditions along the Hanlon Parkway/Highway 6 North please call MTO INFO at 416-235-4686 or toll-free at 1-800-268-4686. (TTY: 905-704-2426 or 1-866-471-8929)

Wellington County and outside of the City of Guelph

For concerns with road conditions on roads in Wellington County and outside of the City of Guelph boundaries please contact the Wellington County Roads Division at 519-837-2601 or 1-800-663-0750.

In the city of Guelph

Arterial and collector street map

Litter such as trash or large item complaints are addressed on a priority basis. If the debris is causing an immediate hazard such as cars swerving to avoid please call 519-837-5628.

To report debris you will require the following information:

  • name of the street
  • nearest building number
  • name of the nearest cross-street
  • description of issue

Report litter or large animal roadkill