Dumping or encroachment

Report improper use or encroachment on City land

We will respond within two business days.

Please report any of the following activities on City lands:

  • dumping, including yard waste, in parks or natural areas
  • dumping of household waste in parks waste receptacles
  • skating and/or other recreational activities near stormwater ponds or natural areas
  • grass cutting, pruning, planting, and/or removing plants in natural areas
  • removing or adding to living fences
  • vandalism
  • storing equipment, boats, play structures, etc.

While it may seem harmless to the cut grass, build a structure in an open space, or put your household waste in park waste receptacles, improper use of City lands can interfere with stormwater management systems that help protect our drinking water supply, damage Guelph’s urban forest, impact local wildlife habitat and cause other problems.

Thank you for helping to protect our environment.

Apply for an encroachment agreement

Fees may apply to building fences, decks, stairs, railings, retaining walls or other structures encroaching on City property.