While it may seem harmless to the grass or build a structure in an open space, improper use of City lands can interfere with stormwater management systems that help protect our drinking water supply, damage Guelph’s urban forest, impact local wildlife habitat and cause other problems.
Please report any of the following activities on City lands:
- Dumping, including yard waste, in parks or natural areas
- Skating and/or other recreational activities near stormwater ponds or natural areas
- Grass cutting, pruning, planting, and/or removing plants in natural areas
- Removing or adding to living fences
- Vandalism or trespassing
- Storing equipment, boats, play structures
Report improper use or encroachment on City land
- Call 519-837-2529
- Submit a concern about encroachment on City property online
We’ll respond within two days
- Use the map app to report encroachment on City property
Apply for an encroachment agreement
Fees may apply to buildings fences, decks, stairs, railings, retaining walls or other structures encroaching on City property.