One2One Support is offered to individuals diagnosed with physical, cognitive and/or developmental disabilities, providing assistance when participating in programs. Participants must be registered in a City of Guelph recreational program to be eligible for One2One
- Provide a safe environment
- Provide challenges for the participant and volunteer
- Encourage participation
- Provide activities of interest
- Provide opportunity to practice and develop skills
- Create and implement activities that lead to the physical, mental and psychological growth of the participant
- Offer activities for which there are few opportunities in everyday life
- Give participants the opportunity to meet new friends
- Allow participants to express themselves creatively and freely
- Promote an understanding of differing levels of ability among a participant’s peers
- Develop a sense of independence
- Have fun
Assessing a participant’s need for support
- Is extra support required at school?
- Is extra help needed at home for basic care?
- Is there a diagnosed physical, medical, and/or developmental disability that could affect the safety of the participant or other participants?
- Does the participant belong to a support agency?
How to register
If you require One2One support in a City of Guelph recreation program or camp, please register for One2One support in addition to your program registration.
- Register in a recreation program/camp
- Register for your One2One Support using the applicable barcode:
- 210287 for spring programs (General Interest and Aquatics)
- 210339 for summer programs (General Interest and Aquatics)
- A City of Guelph staff member will be in contact with you about One2One Support
One2One support in summer camps (ages 4-21 years)
In addition to your camp registration, please register for One2One support using the applicable codes below (maximum four weeks per camper).
|July 3||Tuesday to Friday||210340|
|July 9||Monday to Friday||210341|
|July 16||Monday to Friday||210342|
|July 23||Monday to Friday||210343|
|July 30||Monday to Friday||210344|
|August 7||Tuesday to Friday||210345|
|August 13||Monday to Friday||210346|
|August 20||Monday to Friday||210347|
|August 27||Monday to Friday||210348|
Please note the following
- Every effort is made to provide support to participants with disabilities either through staff, volunteers and/or the use of adaptive equipment. Support is based on available resources
and is not guaranteed.
- If support is unavailable through the City of Guelph, participants may provide their own support person to assist. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-822-1260 extension 2606 if outside support will be attending.
- One2One volunteers do not provide personal care in the changeroom/washroom.
- To provide equal opportunity for all, each camper may receive a maximum of four weeks of support for 2018 summer camps.