Set the date
You can apply for a marriage licence up to 90 days before your wedding day.
Contact us to schedule your marriage ceremony
519-822-1260 extension 5650
Getting married at Guelph City Hall
Starting July 6, 2020, we will be performing civil marriage ceremonies at reduced times, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, to allow for cleaning of Council Chambers between ceremonies.
Marriage ceremonies will now take place:
- Thursdays at 1:30 p.m.
- Fridays at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Rules for marriage ceremonies during COVID-19:
- Bring no more than four guests per ceremony
- Wear a face mask inside City Hall (masks are removed during the ceremony).
- Stay two metres (6.5 feet) from people you don’t live with, including guests and the marriage officiant.
- Bring your own blue or black pen.
- Take photos inside Council Chambers only. Photos in the Galleria of City Hall are not allowed.
- Use available alcohol-based hand sanitizer before, during and after the ceremony.
At least two witnesses must be present during your ceremony.
Getting married at a different time or place
A City of Guelph marriage officiant can perform civil marriage ceremonies at other times and locations. Please contact us to discuss options for getting married at a different time or location.
We do offer civil marriage ceremonies on Saturdays, however, starting August 29, 2020, we will no longer be offering Saturday ceremonies at City Hall.
We do not offer civil marriage ceremonies on Sundays.
Visit serviceontario.ca/gettingmarried to learn who can perform a legal marriage ceremony in Ontario.
Civil marriage ceremony fees
|Type of service||Fee|
|Ceremony during regular hours at City Hall||$235|
|Ceremony at a different time or location in Guelph (No Sundays)||$360|
|Ceremony at a different time or location outside Guelph (No Sundays)||$360 plus a mileage fee|
|City employee acts as a witness||$28 per witness|
Fees do not include HST. Please pay all required fees by cash, debit, or credit card at City Hall before your ceremony.