ServiceGuelph Service...Simplified. We make it simple.

ServiceGuelph is a customer service initiative offered by the City of Guelph, making access to City information, services, and resources even simpler.

ServiceGuelph offers easy and personalized service, all in one place. Whether you are registering for a recreation program, learning about a City service, or needing one of many applications, passes or tickets, we simplify it.

The ServiceGuelph counter is located in City Hall, 1 Carden St, Guelph.

Hours of Operation

Regular Hours - Labour Day to Canada Day 
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours - June 30 to August 29
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Office are closed on all statutory holidays and Remembrance Day.

Services available

Accept Payments

  • Property Taxes
  • Building Permits (invoiced)
  • Damage Deposits (invoiced)
  • Planning Applications (invoiced)
  • Business Licence renewal
  • City of Guelph Invoices
  • Parking tickets
  • Duplicate tax paymentsTickets

Recreation programs (registration and payment)

  • Seniors
  • Adult
  • Camps
  • Aquatics
  • Children and youth

Membership (sales and payment)

  • Guelph/Wellington Seniors Association memberships
  • Active Living memberships


  • Transit tickets and passes
  • Transit taxi scripts
  • Swim/Skate/Aquafit tickets and passes
  • Amusement passes
  • Dog licences
  • Promotional material
  • Metal detecting permits
  • Bulky item pickup tickets
  • Snow dump tickets
  • Community Services gift certificates
  • Parking tokens
  • Business Directories
  • City maps
  • Guelph-Wellington Seniors Association gift certificate

Applications and forms

  • Birth Certificate application
  • Marriage Certificate application
  • Death Certificate application
  • Statement of Sole Responsibility
  • Application of Consent of Parent to Marry
  • List of Officiants to Perform Marriages
  • List of Vital Statistics Offices
  • Application for Freedom of Information
  • Leisure Access Card application
  • Appointment to a Statutory Board Committee or Advisory Board, Committee of Advisory Board application
  • PAL – Personal Assistance in Leisure application
  • Statutory Declaration
  • Sworn Statement for a Family Gift of a used motor vehicle
  • FOI application
  • Direction of School Support application
  • Request for Reconsideration form
  • Pre-authorized Payment Plan form
  • Charity Property Tax Rebate form
  • Vacancy Rebate form
  • Seniors and Disabled Application form
  • Cancellation, Reduction, Refund of Taxes form
  • Letter to Authorize Name Change, Mortgage Deletion and PAP Cancellation
  • Sports Hall of Fame application
  • FAIR – Fee Assistance in Recreation application
  • Consent of Parent to Marry application
  • Veterans Parking Pass application
  • Veterans Transit Pass application
  • Subsidized Transit Pass applications
  • Special Event/Street Party Permit application
  • Royal Flush/Smart Wash applications
  • Planning applications forms
  • Building applications forms
  • Marriage Licence application
  • Liquor Licence application
  • Subsidized Accessibility Parking Pass application
  • Oversize vehicle/load permit
  • Special Event/Street Party Permit applications

Information available

  • Council reports (arrange pick-up)
  • Workshop results (arrange pick-up)
  • Research documents (arrange pick-up)
  • Demographic information (arrange pick-up)
  • Planning reports and studies (arrange pick-up)
  • Waste/carts information packages
  • Recreation brochures, programming information, and membership information
  • Transit schedule brochures
  • Building and Planning information sheets and brochures
  • BizPal
  • Visit Guelph guide and visitor map
  • Your Personal Preparedness Guide
  • Guelph Community Guide
  • Dog License Information sheets

Receive inquiries/documents

  • General City FAQs, including City services, programs, and initiatives
  • Councillor contacts
  • Council/Standing Committee/Ward Meeting schedules
  • Transit route/schedule/fare information
  • Mobility services
  • Receive and re-direct courier packages, envelopes, document, media, newsletters, and subscription newspapers for distribution
  • Basketball nets on roadway
  • Sightline complaints
  • Crossing guard program
  • City Hall Visitor Pass
  • Royal Flush/Smart Wash program

Receipt of completed applications

  • Issue a Burial Permit
  • Issue a Burial Permit for a Stillbirth Death
  • FAIR – Fee Assistance in Recreation
  • Veterans transit passes
  • Mobility Services Transit applications
  • Lottery Report
  • Vacancy Rebate form
  • Seniors and Disabled application (tax)
  • Posted positions applications
  • FOI application
  • PAL/LAC – Personal Assistance and Leisure Access
  • Subsidized Transit Pass
  • Mobile Sign application and fee
  • Crossing Guard Program applications
  • Special Event/Street Party Permit applications
  • Veterans Parking Pass applications
  • Charity Property Tax Rebate form
  • Employment Applications for posted positions
  • Oversize Vehicle/Load Permit applications
  • Royal Flush/Smart Wast applications
  • Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Form (tax)
  • Appointment to a Statutory Board, Committee or Advisory Board application

Accept/process requests

Accept requests

  • Collision data
  • Traffic calming
  • Road Closures
  • Delegate for Council or Standing Committee meeting
  • On-street parking changes
  • Downtown poster location approvals
  • Traffic volume counts

Process requests

  • Commissioner of Oaths
  • Civil wedding ceremony
  • Norfolk Street Pedestrian Bridge Banner applications

Facility reservations

  • Gymnasiums
  • Meeting/conference/board room
  • Specialty facilities
  • Auditoriums
  • Splash pads
  • Sports fields
  • Picnic shelters
  • Computer lab

Last Updated: March 10, 2015. Broken links or incorrect information? Let us know!