Are you interested in performing the national anthem at City Hall?
The City of Guelph would like to showcase local musical talent by inviting artists to perform the national anthem at City Council meetings.
If you were born and raised in Guelph, current live in Guelph, are currently performing in Guelph or are a Guelph-based organization (e.g. School choir, Guelph Youth Singers, etc.), you may be eligible to show-off your talent at City Hall and on TV. Performances will also appear as part of the Rogers TV live broadcast of City Council meetings.
To be eligible to perform the national anthem, you must:
- Have previous experience performing in public
- Be able to perform a capella
- Be available at least 15 minutes prior to the meeting
- Submit a sample of their musical skills
- Submit a completed application form at least two weeks prior to the requested performance date
Note: No financial compensation or honorarium will be provided.
The following performers/performances are not eligible to participate:
- Political parties or political organizations
- The celebration of religious events
- Commercial entities
- If the intent is contrary to City policies or By-laws
- If the group/individual espouses hatred, violence or racism
- More than one time per year per group
If you would like to perform the national anthem at a City Council meeting, please submit a completed application at least two weeks prior to the requested performance date.Performance Application Form
For further information or to submit your completed application please contact:
City of Guelph
City Clerk’s Office
1 Carden Street
Guelph, ON N1H 3A1