The program is open to artists working in all art forms: visual, literary, performing arts, architecture and design, or media arts such as sound, video or photography. This is not a live-in residency.
- creatively animate public space(s) through creativity – indoor, outdoor or online
- provide opportunities for artists to engage with the public and showcase their creative practices
- broaden the community experience of the arts
- contribute to placemaking and civic pride
The City of Guelph will provide
- assistance with any necessary permits for public space (as appropriate);
- an opportunity for presentation and celebration at the end of the residency;
- a budget which includes artist fees and funding to cover other costs directly related to the project;
- promotional support; and
- recognition of the artist as the official City of Guelph Artist in Residence.
The artist will
- commit to engaging community members in creative experiences;
- deliver the selected project within the program’s timeline and budget;
- provide regular progress updates to staff;
- be available to speak with the media; and
- attend a debriefing session at the end of the residency period.
- Artist opportunities
- Temporary art displays
- RBC Market Mornings
- Public art policy and procedures
- City of Guelph community arts investment
For more information