Third park to be acquired in the City. In 1908 the park was donated by John Walter Lyon. The donation of the park was under the condition that the City would spend $250/year for 10 years to develop the park and Mr. Lyon would match the funding. Early amenities in the park included a canoe landing in the Eramosa River, a bathing house and a bandstand.
- 2 softball diamonds
- Mini soccer field
- Play Equipment
- Outdoor pool
- Community garden
Lyon Park Garden
This is a volunteer run community garden located beside the pool in Lyon Park. There are 18 allotment plots located in raised beds including several accessible beds and a central circular herb/flower/pollinator garden. Our garden provides community members the opportunity to grow their own food close to home.
for more information including plot availability, or how to get involved please contact the garden coordinator at [email protected]