This program of work includes projects for Fire, Paramedic and Police services that ensure our emergency service providers have the vehicles, equipment, technology and facilities required for uninterrupted and safe service delivery. It also facilitates minor upgrades, renovations and expansions to existing facilities. The investment follows industry best practices and service-specific related legislation.
2021 to 2030 project highlights
- Renew and invest in equipment, technology and vehicles for related service delivery.
- Acquisition of an aerial truck in 2028 (FS0071)
- Create two new ambulance service shifts, at Mount Forest and Harriston in 2025 (PM0002)
- Continue fleet greening initiative for police patrol vehicles.
- Add new vehicles and equipment across all three services to accommodate growth (FS0071, PM0002, PS0067).
- Plan for new fire (FS0077) and paramedic (PM0004) facilities to accommodate growth.
- PS0044 Information Technology Hardware: $6,900 for computer software and hardware.
- PS0049 Equipment General, PS0057 Vehicle Replacement and PS0067 Vehicles Growth: $36,070 for fleet operating and maintenance.