Guelph’s antique carousel ride is undergoing scheduled maintenance, which is taking longer than anticipated. As a result, the 2014 opening of the carousel will be delayed by six weeks. City staff hope to have the painted horses going around in circles again by July 1. Please note: the miniature train and paddle boats will open to the public on May 17. For private bookings outside of regular operating hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of operation
- May 17 to June 22: weekends only, 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- June 28 to September 1: daily, 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- September 6 to September 28: weekends only, 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Private bookings outside of regular hours are by appointment only
Tickets and passes
Single admission tickets
Can only be purchased at Riverside Park Concession for $2.30 each (includes taxes)
2014 pass: $16.61 (includes taxes) per individual
Passes may be purchased at:
- Operations, Transit and Emergency Services, 45 Municipal Street
- ServiceGuelph, 1 Carden Street
- West End Community Centre, 21 Imperial Road South
- Victoria Road Recreation Centre, 151 Victoria Road
- Evergreen Seniors Community Centre, 683 Woolwich Street
- All riders shall obey the safety rules posted
- All riders must refrain from acting in any manner than may cause or contribute to injuring the rider or others
- Each child under the age of five must be individually accompanied by a responsible chaperone (14 years or older) – that chaperone may ride for free when chaperoning
- Children must be able to sit upright and hold on by themselves and are prohibited from riding on the chaperone’s lap
- Anyone riding a carousel horse must have a ticket
- Riders/chaperones must remain within the yellow lines while the carousel is in motion
- Riders must remain seated while the ride is in motion and until the ride comes to a complete stop before exiting
- Patrons displaying improper behaviour will be asked to leave at the discretion of the ride attendant
- Pets are prohibited on all rides
- Smoking is prohibited on all rides
- Food and beverages are not permitted on the rides
- Inclement weather may cause ride closure
- The rides do not operate in the event of lightning
- If you choose to ride, you accept all risk