Each year the City of Guelph allocates funding to not-for-profit organizations to support the work they do in improving community wellbeing.
Eligible organizations can apply for funding that supports operating costs, events, special programs or projects, or for small capital items that support the wellbeing of Guelph residents.
September 24, 2019
New this year, applicants can also:
- Apply for up to three years of funding for operational grants
- Request information technology (IT) and office equipment and supplies in addition to financial requests
- Receive professional help to develop measures of the program’s success after the application is approved
- Apply online
Apply for a Community Grant in four easy steps
1. Read the Application Guide
Reading the guide sets you up to submit the best possible application.
2. Set up a City of Guelph portal account
Please set up a City of Guelph portal account with your name and email address.
3. Register your organization through the online portal
Your registration provides us with basic information about your organization and checks your eligibility for the Community Grant. If eligible, you will be emailed a link to the application.
4. Fill out the Community Grant application
You must answer all mandatory questions marked by an ‘*’. You may save your progress to the application by clicking ‘next’ and return to complete it at any time. When you’re ready to go, hit submit. You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received.
We evaluate your organization’s grant application based on the:
- Benefit it will have on the lives of Guelph residents
- History with our grant programs
- Community need for your organization and its programs, projects and events
- Sustainability and need for funding
You must meet all criteria in the City of Guelph’s Community Grant Policy to be a recipient. All funding is subject to City Council budget approval.194 KBCommunity Grant Program Policy
There will be 2 information sessions for potential applicants to learn about the City’s Community Grant Program, changes from the Wellbeing Grant program, and the online application process.
The information session are:
- Thursday, October 10, 2019, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Meeting Room C, City Hall
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Meeting Room C, City Hall
To register for a session please email email@example.com stating what session you are registering for.
Reporting on a grant
If you receive a grant, your organization will be required to report on how the grant was used and what it helped achieve for the community.
The Grant Report Form and Guide will be posted on the website soon.
For more information
Alex Goss, Manager of Community Investment
Culture, Tourism and Community Investment
519-822-1260 extension 2675