Five easy ways to deal with your fall yard waste
- Mulch your leaves and grass cuttings and put them on your lawn
- Top up your green bin each week with leaves until they’re gone
- Bag your waste and put it to the curb from November 4-15 on your grey cart week
- Rake your leaves to the curb starting November 9
- Drop your leaves at the Waste Resources Innovation Centre at 110 Dunlop Drive
For tips on how to provide nutrients to your lawn and garden visit guelph.ca/healthylandscapes.
Bagged yard waste collection November 4 to 15
Bagged yard waste collection runs from November 4-15 on your grey cart collection day. You can place leaves, grass clippings, woody plants and vines, shrub and hedge trimmings and brush to the curb for pick up. Learn how to prepare your yard waste for curbside collection.
For more information about bagged yard waste, please call Solid Waste Resources at 519-767-0598 or email@example.com.
Loose leaf collection November 11-22
We’ll be collecting loose leaves from neighbourhoods with mature, City-owned trees from November 11-22. We make one collection per street.5 MBLoose Leaf Collection Map
Please rake your leaves to the curb starting November 9. If you rake your leaves too early, it can cause clogged storm drains and street flooding, unsafe cycling lanes and hazards for children playing in the leaves.
Hold all service requests until we’ve completed our routes on November 23. For more information about loose leaf collection contact Operations at 519-837-5628 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cut up and placed inside your green cart
- Cut up and placed inside your yard waste bag or container
- Brought to the Waste Resource Innovation Centre at 110 Dunlop Drive for free disposal