- Mulch leaves and leave them on your lawn or gardens.
- Bag yard waste and leaves and put them to the curb on your grey cart collection day before the program ends on November 12.
- Rake leaves to the curb the weekend of November 13 for loose leaf collection.
- Drop them off for a fee at the Waste Resource Innovation Centre at 110 Dunlop Drive.
Bagged yard waste collection
Bagged yard waste collection happens on your grey cart collection day. You can place bagged leaves and other yard waste (no grass clippings) in paper bags or clearly marked containers, and bundle brush, branches and tree limbs using twine or string, and place it at the curb right up until November 12. Learn how to prepare your yard waste for curbside collection.
Download the Guelph Waste app or use the Waste Wizard to view when your last yard waste collection day is before the program ends on November 12. For more information about bagged yard waste, please call Solid Waste Resources at 519-767-0598 or [email protected].
Loose leaf collection
We’ll be collecting loose leaves from neighbourhoods with mature trees only from November 15-26. We make one collection per street.
Loose leaf collection mapPlease rake your leaves to the curb starting November 13. If you rake your leaves too early, it can cause clogged storm drains and street flooding, unsafe cycling lanes and hazards for children playing in the leaves.
Hold all service requests until we’ve completed our routes on November 29. For more information about loose leaf collection contact Operations at 519-837-5628 or [email protected].
Pumpkins can be:
- Cut up and placed inside your green cart
- Cut up and placed inside your yard waste bag or container
- Brought to the Waste Resource Innovation Centre at 110 Dunlop Drive for a fee