Five easy ways to deal with your fall yard waste
- Mulch your leaves and grass cuttings and put them on your lawn
- Top up your green bin each week with leaves until they’re gone
- Bag your waste and put it to the curb from November 5-16 on your grey cart week
- Rake your leaves to the curb starting November 9
- Drop your leaves at the Waste Resources Innovation Centre at 110 Dunlop Drive
For tips on how to provide nutrients to your lawn and garden visit guelph.ca/healthylandscapes.
Bagged yard waste collection November 5 to 16
Bagged yard waste collection runs from November 5-16 on your grey cart collection day. You can place leaves, grass clippings, woody plants and vines, shrub and hedge trimmings and brush to the curb for pick up. Learn how to prepare your yard waste for curbside collection.
If you haven’t had your bagged yard waste picked up by November 16, please call Solid Waste Resources at 519-767-0598 or email email@example.com.
Loose leaf collection November 18-29
We’ll be collecting loose leaves from neighbourhoods with mature, City-owned trees from November 18-29. We make one collection per street.
Some neighbourhood trees are young and don’t drop many leaves. Loose leaf collection is not available for those neighbourhoods.3 MBNeighbourhoods with no loose leaf collection
Please rake your leaves to the curb starting November 9. We’ll come to your neighbourhood between November 18-29.
If you rake your leaves too early, it can cause clogged storm drains and street flooding, unsafe cycling lanes and hazards for children playing in the leaves.
Hold all service requests until we’ve completed our routes on November 30. For more information about loose leaf collection contact Operations at 519-837-5628 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cut up and placed inside your green cart
- Cut up and placed inside your yard waste bag or container
- Brought to the Waste Resource Innovation Centre at 110 Dunlop Drive for free disposal