There are five easy ways to getting rid of leaves and fall yard waste this season:
- Mulch leaves and leave them on the lawn for healthy grass next summer.
- Top up your organics (green) cart each week with leaves and other yard waste (minus grass clippings).
- Bag them and put them to the curb on your garbage (grey) cart collection day between October 26 – November 6.
- Rake them to the curb the weekend of November 14 for loose leaf collection.
- Drop them off at the Waste Resource Innovation Centre at 110 Dunlop Drive, for free.
For tips on how to provide nutrients to your lawn and garden visit guelph.ca/leaves.
Bagged yard waste collection
Bagged yard waste collection runs from October 26 – November 6 on your grey cart collection day. You can place bagged leaves and other yard waste (no grass clippings) in paper bags, clearly marked bins, or bundled in twine or string, and place it at the curb. Learn how to prepare your yard waste for curbside collection.
For more information about bagged yard waste, please call Solid Waste Resources at 519-767-0598 or [email protected].
Loose leaf collection
We’ll be collecting loose leaves from neighbourhoods with mature, City-owned trees from November 16-27. We make one collection per street.
Please rake your leaves to the curb starting November 14. If you rake your leaves too early, it can cause clogged storm drains and street flooding, unsafe cycling lanes and hazards for children playing in the leaves.
Hold all service requests until we’ve completed our routes on November 28. For more information about loose leaf collection contact Operations at 519-837-5628 or [email protected].
Pumpkins can be:
- Cut up and placed inside your green cart.
- Cut up and placed inside your yard waste bag or container.
- Brought to the Waste Resource Innovation Centre at 110 Dunlop Drive for free disposal.