Try these helpful hints for waste collection in winter:
- Do not place waste carts on top of snow banks or in the road. Instead shovel a spot for your carts with one metre clearance on all sides or place waste carts in the mouth of your driveway.
- Use crumpled newspapers or certified compostable bags to prevent organic material from freezing to your green cart.
- If possible, put heavier material on the bottom of your carts to help push waste out when tipped.
- Keep waste carts sheltered against your home, in a shed or garage until you set them out at the curb for collection.
- On your collection day, place waste carts at the curb by 6:30 a.m. in a safe, shoveled spot.