City’s Strategic Plan
2019 to 2023
Sustaining our future
an environment that sustains us
Care for the local environment, respond to climate change and prepare Guelph for a net-zero-carbon future.
Create and execute an ambitious and achievable climate adaptation plan
- Investing in “green” infrastructure to prepare
Guelph for the effects of climate change
- Increasing Guelph’s tree canopy
Mitigate climate change by reducing Guelph’s carbon footprint
- Reducing the City of Guelph’s energy footprint
- Advocating for federal and provincial
regulations and policy change aimed at reducing carbon emissions
- Supporting environmental innovation and
programming by aligning with partners such as the “Our Energy Guelph”
Plan and design an increasingly sustainable city as Guelph grows
- Ensuring there is adaptable green infrastructure in physical areas such as the Guelph Innovation District and Clair-Maltby to support population and economic growth for future generations
- Protecting the green infrastructure provided by woodlands, wetlands, watercourses and other elements of Guelph’s natural heritage system
Last Updated: September 23, 2019.
We’re updating parts of our website. How can we make it better?