March 29, 2018
We’re asking residents to help create a new master plan for Mico Valeriote Park, located at 235 Elizabeth Street.
The park master planning process is an opportunity for everyone to explore park concept designs and choose key park features for the neighbourhood park.
Given the park’s size and proximity to residential backyards, City staff will be considering a combination of the following park amenities:
- Community garden space
- Goal post for mini soccer
- Junior playground (ages 0-5)
- Large accessible play structure
- Natural playground
- Outdoor ping pong or chess table
- Seating areas
- Swing set
- Tricycle track with painted lines
- Walking/running path
Approved by Guelph City Council in June, the wading pool, built in 1974, is scheduled to be removed in 2018 and replaced with another park amenity (see above) selected by the community. The wading pool is slated for removal for the following reasons:
- Doesn’t comply with the Council-approved Water Efficiency Strategy
- End of life cycle and requires ongoing costly maintenance
- Location not suitable for an outdoor aquatic facility
Resources23 MBMico Valeriote Park Master Plan
Construction is expected to begin in spring 2018.
For more information
Park Planner, Open Space Planning
519-822-1260 extension 3371