This guideline is for timing purposes only. Additional requirements or conditions may be required for event organizers.
December 6 or date posted
- Submit Special Event and Road Closure Applications with site/route map.
- Booking and event coordinator to confirm receipt of application. Application fees due.
January 31 or date posted
- Sign facility rental contract and return with damage/security deposits
Four months (120 days)
- Submit your Alcohol Risk Management Policy Questionnaire if your event is licensed
- If Council approval is required – submit request for Fireworks/Alcohol/Noise Exemption
- Book sign at Riverside Park
- Contact Tourism Services for website listings/promotion and accommodation needs
- Coordinate details of Guelph Water Wagon with Water Services
Three months (90 days)
- Alcohol Risk Management Policy – Sign Special Occasion Permit Holder Agreement Form
- Book Pay Duty Officers
- Develop Waste Management Plan with Waste Services
Two months (60 days)
- Fundraising – raffle, bingo , 50/50, etc – Submit Lottery License application
- Onsite meeting to confirm layout and infrastructure requirements (ie fencing, electrical, water etc.)
- Obtain Special Occasion Permit from LCBO or Catering Endorsement from caterer
- Selling or serving food (public events): submit Special Event Organiser to the Health Unit
- Large event BBQ’s: Notify Fire Department
One month (30 days)
- Develop First Aid Services and Emergency Plan
- Submit listing of electrical equipment to City event coordinator. Book Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) inspection if required.
- Tents: Building permit application and Fire Department approval
- Proof of insurance and signed waiver for all events
- Apply for Business License if required
- Obtain utility locates for any object that will penetrate the ground
Two weeks (14 days)
- Food Vendors to submit Special Event Vendor Application to Health Unit
- Proof of Licenses, Permits, List of Alcohol Monitors, Certificates & Approvals, TSSA Permits
- Provide City with Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) permit number, if required
- Payment of all facility fees
Day of event
- Pre-event onsite inspection: to be coordinated with event coordinator
- Onsite electrical inspection: City staff must be present
- Post event on site inspection: to be scheduled with City event coordinator
- Post event evaluation meeting
For more information
This information is for timing purposes only – additional requirements or conditions may be required for event organizers.