City parks, facilities, streets and sidewalks and any assets within them are to be protected from vandalism, crowd damage or excessive use during events. Depending on the scope of the event, a damage deposit may be required. Organizers are responsible for extra staff clean up required as a result of the event.
- Submit damage deposits with your signed facility rental permit.
- Driving/Parking on grass is not permitted unless approval by Parks Staff has been granted prior to your event. Please identify requested location on site map. If permission is granted, ensure the safe operation of all vehicles on grassy areas within the parks and open space system. If it applies to you, the Standard Operating Procedure—Driving on Grass During Special Events will be provided.
- Be aware that event plans may need to be altered in the event of inclement weather. Damage caused by use of facilities during bad weather may result in charges to the event organizer.
- Leave the site in the same condition as when you found it.
- Depending on the nature of your event, a pre-event and post event onsite inspection could be scheduled with Parks Staff.
- Most event locations within the City of Guelph are located on or near sports fields or playgrounds. As of January 1, 2015 it is illegal to smoke on and around children’s playgrounds and publicly owned sport fields and surfaces.