Through this initiative, we provide low-cost recreation opportunities for children and their families. Programs are listed in the Guelph Community Guide.
During the summer months, we encourage children to get outside and be active as a way to improve physical and mental well-being. Through our Park Activation program, we offer free, drop-in games and activities in select parks. We hope to see you at the park!
If you are spending time indoors at one of our recreation facilities or are visiting the Shelldale Community Centre (20 Shelldale Crescent), choose a healthy drink option with our reusable water bottle vending machines. Buy a bottle and fill up at the water station. It’s that easy.
Park activation schedule
August 7 to September 2, 2021
- Monday/Wednesday at Margaret Greene Park from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday/Thursday at Exhibition Park from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
September 11 to October 3 (weekends only)
- Saturdays at Margaret Greene Park from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sundays at Exhibition Park from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Resources and tools
- Easy games to play in gyms, playgrounds, and outdoors
- Great games anyone can play
- Unplug & Play: ideas and activities to balance screen time and play time
- Snacktivities (small space activities)
- Nature Play: 51 things to do before you’re 12
- 7 Obstacle Course Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- Canadian Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines: your plan to get active every day
- Sip Smart! Ontario
- Rethink your Drink
- How can I get my child to drink more water?
- Healthy Beverages Ideas and Activities for Children
For more information
Learn more about community programs and initiatives by: