Through this initiative, we provide low-cost recreation opportunities for children and their families. See all the programs at recenroll.ca
During the summer months, we encourage children to get outside and be active as a way to improve physical and mental well-being. Through our Park Activation program, we offer free, drop-in games and activities in select parks. We hope to see you at the park!
If you are spending time indoors at one of our recreation facilities choose a healthy drink option with our reusable water bottle vending machines. Buy a bottle and fill up at the water station. It’s that easy.
Park activation schedule
June 6 to September 2, 2022
- Monday/Wednesday at Margaret Greene Park from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday/Thursday at Exhibition Park from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Resources and tools
- Easy games to play in gyms, playgrounds, and outdoors
- Great games anyone can play
- Unplug & Play: ideas and activities to balance screen time and play time
- Snacktivities (small space activities)
- Nature Play: 51 things to do before you’re 12
- 7 Obstacle Course Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- Canadian Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines: your plan to get active every day
- Sip Smart! Ontario
- Rethink your Drink
- How can I get my child to drink more water?
- Healthy Beverages Ideas and Activities for Children
For more information
Learn more about community programs and initiatives by: