Your co-operation in following rules that have been put in place to maintain our parks is greatly appreciated.
- All dog owners are asked to help maintain our parks for the enjoyment of all by cleaning up after their dog.
- Dogs must be leashed while in City parks, on all trails, on all occupied sports fields, and on all GRCA lands.
- Dogs are not allowed on playgrounds or in wading pools.
- Seven areas within the city have been designated as leash free areas 24 hours per day
- Dogs may be off leash on unoccupied sports fields from 5:00 pm to 8:00 am from September 15 to April 30.
- Motorized vehicles other than authorized vehicles are prohibited in parks. This includes trail bikes, mopeds,
- motorcycles and snowmobiles.
- Parking on earth or grass surfaces within City parks is prohibited – any vehicles found in violation will be ticketed.
- For the safety of everyone, activities such as golf and archery are not permitted in City parks.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in City parks.
- All City playground areas are unsupervised. Parents and guardians assume all risks for children using the playground equipment.
Open space signs
- Dogs on leash
- Clean up after your pet
- Cyclists yield to pedestrians
- No littering
- No dumping
- No motorized vehicles
- Trails are prone to washouts
Please respect our environment
Stormwater Management Area sign
Stormwater Management Facility Environmentally Sensitive Area
- No skating
- No fishing
- No swimming
- No water taking