The following items are not accepted with the curbside collection program.
- Large items (furniture or appliances)
- Household hazardous waste (batteries, paint, oil). Needles, syringes and lancets must be brought to the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) depot in an approved sharps container.
- Construction/ demolition waste ( drywall, wood, bricks)
- Ashes (cooled) will be collected in the green cart.
- Automotive part exceeding five kilograms or 11 pounds.
- Rock, stones or gravel.
- Tires: Find out where you can drop off your used tires.
- Tree branches more than five centimetres or two inches in diameter should not go in the green cart or be put out for yard waste collection.
- Needles and syringes
- Prescription medication
- Infectious biomedical waste
- Medical waste from any business. Find out more
For more information
Solid Waste Resources