We’re expanding waste collection to provide greater flexibility and access to City waste collection service for multi-residential properties within Guelph.
Expanding multi-residential waste collection using front-end loading garbage trucks will help us:
- serve a greater proportion of the existing multi-residential community
- provide waste services for new multi-residential properties
- provide waste collection to multi-residential properties that were inaccessible by standard trucks
- capture more recyclables and organics
- reduce the amount of waste going to landfills
- educate the multi-residential community about correct waste sorting
We will roll out this waste collection program starting in 2019.
Get City waste collection at your property
Contact Solid Waste Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-767-0598 to arrange for City waste collection at your multi-residential property. We’re here to help.
To be eligible for City waste collection at your multi-residential property, you must:
- contact us and arrange a site visit to make sure the waste collection access point and process is suitable and safe;
- submit a waste management plan for approval;
- sign an authorization to allow the City to collect waste at your property;
- get insurance for collection on private property; and
- sort waste into three-streams (organics, recyclables and garbage)
We have materials you can share with your residents to educate them about correct waste sorting.
For more information
Solid Waste Resources