A change to Level 2 Red can occur when one or more of the following low water response indicators are met: precipitation (less than 60 per cent of historical average over one and/or three months; three weeks without rain); Eramosa River flow (less than 50 per cent of minimum low flow); water storage level (less than 65 per cent of average).
Enforcement: In Level 2 Red, bylaw officers will investigate non-compliance of water use restrictions and issue a $550 ticket or court summons per program non-compliance event observed.
To report a water use violation
- Lawn watering is not permitted
- Watering decorative (e.g. flower) gardens – Alternate day and time restrictions (odd numbered address, odd numbered calendar day, even numbered address, even numbered calendar day, between 7 and 9 a.m. and 7 and 9 p.m.)
- At home vehicle washing – At–home vehicle washing (cars, boats, trailers, etc.) is not permitted
- Watering trees and food gardens – no restrictions
- Recreational sprinklers for children, splash pads – no restrictions
- Filling residential swimming and wading pools, hot tubs, garden ponds or fountains – no restrictions
- Decorative fountains – must recirculate water