The education centre shows visitors how Guelph’s organics, recyclables and garbage are collected and processed, and how to reduce and divert the amount of garbage we create and send to landfill.
Interactive guided tours April 1 to October 31
Tours of this facility are currently paused for health and safety review. If you would like to be placed on a waitlist, please complete the form below and we will contact you once tours are running again.
Tours are available for groups of five to 30 people who live or go to school in Guelph. Tours must be scheduled in advance.
- Learn how to reduce waste, and sort it the right way
- Get the dirt on composting
- See how the automated waste collection trucks work
- See how Guelph processes organic waste, recyclables and garbage
- See and touch recycled materials at different stages in the process
- Ask us anything else you want to know about waste processing in Guelph
Typically, tours take about one and a half hours and can vary based on the number of people and questions asked.
The Waste Resource Innovation Centre and education centre are wheelchair accessible select areas of the facility are also accessible.
Please submit the form below at least five days before your desired tour date. We will do our best to accommodate your request, and we will confirm by phone.
The City reserves the right to cancel tours.
Before you arrive
- All participants must sign the City of Guelph Release and Indemnification Form.
- All participants must wear long pants and closed-toed shoes.
- All children must have waiver form signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Children must be in grade 5 or at least 10 years old.
- Grades 5 – 6 require one teacher or supervisor for every 10 children
- Grades 7 – 10 require one teacher or supervisor for every 12 children
- Grades 11-12 require one teacher or supervisor for every 15 children
For more information
Solid Waste Resources