Guelph hosted 40 free activities, events and exhibitions during the 10th annual Culture Days celebration held September 27-29, 2019.
Culture Hub and Makers Market
Guelph hosted its third annual Culture Hub and Makers Market on Saturday, September 28, 2019.
The community was invited to explore:
- Pottery Party with MKS Pottery
- Lelkessen Mosaic Making
- Guelph Potters’ Guild Show & Sale
- Characters and Critters with the Guelph Potters Guild
- Create beeswax food wraps with Steph Sew Sublime and Guelph Tool Library
- Magnet Painting with Art Studio Guelph
- Healing Cocktails Crystal Craft
- Free Henna Designs by Megan of We Learn; Multi-sensory Play
- Pom Pom Party with Snowdrop & Co
- Upcycled Jewelry Pop-up Workshop with Ahmri and Abby of Otherwise Studios
All activity organizers were paid for their time and many chose to participate as vendors for the Makers Market as well. Space was offered to vendors, free of charge, and no commission was taken on any sales. The result was a well-attended, highly-engaged celebration of #GuelphCulture!
Culture Days Kickoff and Fourth Friday: Brad Woods and The Great Wooden Trio
We celebrated Culture Days and the opening of the Civic Museum’s fall exhibitions, Into the Light and Bridging Practices in Accessibility, Art, and Communication, with a performance by Storyteller Brad Woods and The Great Wooden Trio!
Oh, and we had cake!