The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Provide administrative support and assistance to the Water Efficiency team’s program goals and strategies as identified through the Water Efficiency Strategy.
- Assist with the administration, coordination and delivery of the City’s Outside Water Use Program.
- Complete customer appointment bookings and inquiries for the City’s Healthy Landscape Visit Program.
- Correspond with City staff, industry contacts, and customers as needed on behalf of the programs’ section.
- Travel within Guelph to research, review, or assist with program business and Water Efficiency programs and promotions.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and delivery of water efficiency program initiatives and events.
- Identify creative opportunities for communicating water conservation and efficiency program resources to Guelph residents and businesses.
- Assist with the design of educational and promotional campaigns and materials.
- Collect and analyze data in support of budget requirements, performance indicators, bench marking and programming goals, including progress reporting.
- Support and assistant with education, outreach and rebate programming initiatives.
- Conduct water efficiency research over the internet and telephone.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education (completed or in process) in environmental science, environmental resource studies, or closely related field. Candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid G or G2 driver’s licence with a good driving record and a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal) along with strong research and planning skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be able to understand and interpret relevant environmental legislation, water conservation industry practices and issues.
- Knowledge of water conservation industry best practices and municipal water and wastewater systems would be an asset.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm they have a valid driver’s license held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements
$16 to $18.60 per hour depending on education level and work experience
City of Guelph – Water Services Department, 29 Waterworks Place, Guelph.
Hours of work
35 hours per week starting April/May 2021 for approximately 4 months
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Sunday, January 31, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.