The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
This position will assist with the preparation and delivery of programs and events including birthday parties, bus tours, special events and general front desk duties at various facilities at Guelph Museums – including Guelph Civic Museum, McCrae House National Historic Site, and Locomotive 6167
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the community Vision – to be the City that makes a difference.
Hours of Work
Up to 20 hours per week, a variety of shifts including weekends, days, evenings, early mornings and holidays.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of programs and events at Guelph Civic Museum
- McCrae House, and Locomotive 6167
- Facilitate birthday parties
- Develop activities and crafts
- Assist with the maintenance of museum galleries
- Assist with front desk activities related to programming
- Assume other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in history, family studies, teaching or related fields.
- Experience in working with children and adults in educational /public program setting.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to speak in a public setting.
- Knowledge and interest in local Guelph history.
- Experience handling cash transactions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- French language skills considered an asset.
- Arts background considered an asset.
$17.39 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Monday, September 24, 2018. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
Apply for this job
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.