The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the part time Tourism Services Coordinator position within the Culture, Tourism and Community Investment division. Reporting to the Manager of Culture and Tourism, the Tourism Services Coordinator provides administrative, customer service and promotional support for Tourism Services and the Guelph Farmers’ Market.
The Tourism Services Coordinator contributes to achieving the service area’s objectives to develop Guelph as a tourism destination and increase tourism industry stakeholder engagement. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, you will support the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
Hours of Work:
Up to 20 hours per week. May include evenings and weekends.
- Delivers quality customer service by providing visitor information and tourism services to visitors and tourism industry stakeholders.
- Implements the social media plan and curates content for Tourism and Farmers’ Market online properties.
- Monitors and maintains daily activity on all social media accounts.
- Maintains tourism event calendar platform on Tourism website.
- Maintain tourism information kiosks at various locations, inventories and distributes printed materials.
- Assists with the development and execution of tourism and farmers’ market promotional activities and special events.
- Provides conference, sport and event services support by assisting organizers with visitor experience enhancements and activations.
- Assists with tourism destination development projects and research.
- Provides administrative support to Culture, Tourism and Farmers’ Market service areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and 2-3 years post-secondary education in a related discipline and 3-6 months customer service experience. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills with sound judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to able to work effectively in a team environment or independently when required.
- Demonstrate organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments and time effectively.
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written) with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, Windows 7 and Hootsuite
- Valid Driver’s License is required
$17.39-18.63 per hour
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Friday, January 5, 2018. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
To access the online application system, please click on the “Apply for this job” icon. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.