The City of Guelph is looking to hire an eager, motivated, and hard-working individual who is looking to play an important part in our community by contributing to Guelph’s termite program. If you have an interest in biology or zoology, enjoy the outdoors and hands on work, then we have the position for you!
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city
- Use power equipment to cut pipes, cardboard and plywood into pieces for termite traps.
- Interact with residents to explain and update termite project activities.
- Install and check traps on residential properties.
- Survey properties for termite activity.
- Extract termites.
- Plot termite activity on maps.
- Valid G or G2 drivers licence and minimum of 2 years driving experience with a good driving record.
- Must be able to perform heavy physical work outdoors during hot weather.
- Must be a reliable and punctual team player, able to work with & without direct supervision.
- Previous outdoor labourer experience and/or use of power machinery an asset.
- College or university courses, with a degree specializing in zoology, biology or entomology desirable.
Hours of Work
20 hours per week Monday to Friday
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm they have a valid driver’s licence held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
$17.22 to $21.96 per hour (2021 rates. 2022 rates are under review)
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system. First consideration will be given to those who apply by Sunday, January 30, 2022. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.