The City of Guelph is looking for hardworking, motivated team players who enjoy working with children, creating and participating in recreational activities, and want to play a part in making summertime fun for children and families in Guelph.
Reporting to the Recreation Coordinator – Programs, successful candidates will plan and deliver dynamic programs and activities for children of all abilities at City of Guelph Summer Camps and Outdoor Park Programs.
- Camp Program Facilitator
- Camp Team Leaders
- Camp Counsellors
- Park Activation Program Assistants
Why join our team:
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Chance to work in and learn about multiple areas of recreation
- Paid trainings
- Inclusive work environment
- Become a leader in our community
How you’ll spend your summer:
- Developing and delivering fun and dynamic program activities for children of all ages and abilities
- Working cooperatively with program staff, volunteers and LITs to create a positive team environment
- Providing understanding, encouragement and a positive experience for each child
- Assisting with all aspects of programming including planning, set up/take down, running programs, active participation and evaluation
- Working creatively and cooperatively to modify and adjust programming activities to ensure inclusive participation of all children
- Currently in high school or attending post-secondary education, with an interest in gaining further experience in child development, recreation or social services field
- A valid Standard First Aid & CPR C certification (City of Guelph will provide discounted rate for those requiring certification prior to start date)
- A satisfactory Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check is required at time of offer
- High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development certification is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to respect and maintain participant confidentiality
- Full availability is required for training in June and the full summer
These are seasonal positions, with training hours beginning in June and full-time hours starting last week of June and ending the Friday before Labour Day weekend. Full time hours apply to daytime weekly programs (Mon-Fri; approx. 40-42 hrs/wk). Occasional weekend shifts required on a Saturday for trainings.
Rate of Pay:
How to Apply:
Applications must be received online by January 30, 2022. Please follow the instructions and follow all steps to the process. In order to be considered for this position you must complete all of the steps when creating your profile. This will include a short online screening questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process. You will also need to attach both your cover letter and resume saved as one document (PDF format preferred). If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
Please click on the “Apply for this job button”. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.