The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Support administration with customer service including responding to customer calls/e-mails and in-person inquiries, record-keeping and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Correspond with City staff, residents, community partners, business and industry contacts on waste minimization and diversion efforts.
- Support promotional & educational campaigns and materials development (e.g. curbside education, social media and website content), including coordination and delivery of these materials.
- Conduct site visits with businesses/landlords in the downtown core to educate them on proper waste sorting.
- Assist Program staff with the development, promotion and implementation of various projects to increase waste minimization and diversion efforts in the City (e.g. curbside battery collection program).
- Conduct waste industry research and surveys over the internet, telephone and in-person (e.g. food waste research).
- Assist with site tours and community outreach such as school presentations and special event displays.
- Data entry (multi-residential and cart databases).
- Support work with multi-residential properties such as organizing site plan approvals and attending site meetings.
- Assist the Waste Resources Coordinators with marketing and procurement of inbound and outbound material loads.
- Conduct waste audits (curbside, material recovery facility, etc.) and conduct site visits with residents to educate and discuss contamination issues.
- Verify curbside compliance with City Bylaw Officers.
- Enrollment in Environmental Studies, Technology or Engineering or closely related field and experience in customer service and performing general administrative duties.
- Valid G or G2 driver’s licence with a good driving record and a minimum of 2 years driving experience. Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job including lifting, stacking and un-stacking wheeled carts.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant environmental legislation, waste industry trends and issues.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to conduct research, organize and prioritize assignments in order to accomplish multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
$17.22 – $21.96 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Sunday, January 31, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.