The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
We are currently accepting resumes for part-time Skate Patrol. This position will be responsible for ensuring facility policies, procedures and regulations are maintained during public skates at various recreations facilities ensuring the safety and well-being of patrons.
Hours of Work
This is a part-time position scheduled up to 12 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Skates are located at community centers across the city (Victoria Road Recreation Center, West End Community Center). The season is from Sept 24, 2021, to March 28, 2022.
- Be prepared to greet all patrons in a welcoming and friendly manner, consistently maintaining a positive attitude.
- Communicating with the public regarding skating schedules, facility policies and regulations.
- On ice skate patrolling, checking for proper admission to ice and maintaining council approved skating guidelines.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and adhere to all City of Guelph and facility service standards and policies.
- Ensuring proper documentation is completed for all accidents and incidents.
- Model proper and safe skating etiquette, including wearing proper protective equipment- skates, CSA Approved helmet and provided high visibility vest
- Follow and enforce all Covid-19 safety guidelines
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with members of the community
- Excellent skating skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- A satisfactory Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check is required at the time of offer
- Standard First Aid with CPR C
$14.25 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Thursday, October 14, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.