The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
We are currently accepting resumes for part time Skate Patrol. This position will be responsible for ensuring facility policies, procedures and regulations are maintained during public skates at various recreations facilities ensuring the safety and well-being of patrons.
Hours of work
This is a part-time position scheduled up to 12 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Skates are located at community centers across the city (Victoria Road Recreation Centre, West End Community Centre). Season is from Sept 7, 2019 to March 28, 2020.
- Be prepared to greet all patrons in a welcoming and friendly manner, consistently maintaining a positive attitude.
- Customer Service; communicating with public regarding skating schedules facility policies and regulations.
- On ice skate patrolling, checking for proper admission to ice and maintaining council approved skating guidelines.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and adhere to all City of Guelph and facility service standards and policies.
- Ensuring proper documentation is completed for all accidents and incidents.
- Model proper and safe skating etiquette, including wearing proper equipment- skates, CSA Approved helmet, and provided high visibility vest
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with members of the community
- Excellent skating skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- A satisfactory Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check is required at time of offer
- Standard first Aid with CPR C
$14.00 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by Monday August 23, 2019 by sending their cover letter and resume as one document (pdf or word) by email at RecPrograms@guelph.ca
subject line: Skate Patrol.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.