The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
We are currently accepting resumes for part-time Rink Attendants. This position will be responsible for assisting with ice maintenance, cleaning and facility maintenance at various recreation facilities at the City of Guelph.
Hour of Work
This is a part-time position scheduled up to 24 hours per week, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Be prepared to greet all patrons in a welcoming and friendly manner, consistently maintaining a positive attitude.
- Assist with maintenance of ice (shoveling, moving nets, etc.) and operating associated equipment as required.
- Patrol facility looking for issues, safety hazards, or improper departmental operations, ensuring the safety of the public at all times.
- Perform general cleaning/ maintenance as required throughout each shift (e.g. sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, empty garbage containers, washroom and dressing room cleaning, snow shoveling and set-up/break down of specific rental requirements)
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and adhere to all City of Guelph and facility service standards and policies.
- Work with enthusiasm and professionalism as a member of Recreation team.
- Work within the specifications of supervisor or assigned supervisory staff at all times.
- Dress in a professional and well-kept manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer service experience and/or relevant training is an asset.
- Experience using hand operated tools and cleaning equipment is an asset.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirement of the position which would include standing, walking, lifting and pushing/pulling.
- Possession of valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certification is an asset.
- Ability to understand policies and procedures as they relate to the work being performed.
- Able to maintain good working relationship with co-workers.
$14 per hour
How to apply
Please apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . First consideration will be given to applications received by Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.