The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – an inclusive, connected, prosperous city where we look after each other and our environment.
- Assist with curb side cart inspections
- Assist with curb side yard waste bag inspections
- Picking up yard waste in areas not accessible through large trucks
- Moving and relocating carts full of material
- Drive City vehicle as part of the duties
- Respond to customer inquires
- Read maps to assist with day to day needs of the department.
- Post-secondary education in the Environmental field is an asset.
- Valid G or G2 Driver’s licence and a minimum of 2 years driving experience for positions that are required to drive a City vehicle
- A valid Emergency First Aid and CPR
- Ability to work with various small tools and equipment
- Ability to perform physical work and in all types of weather
- Comply with all applicable regulations and requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as all Federal, Provincial, and City of Guelph regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Strong focus on quality customer service
- Demonstration of community mindset through volunteering, community outreach and other initiatives is an asset
- Experience in landscaping, construction, farming or other related experience is an asset
$14.57 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by Tuesday, June 19, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.