The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
We are currently accepting resumes for part-time Rink Attendants. This position will be responsible for assisting with ice maintenance, cleaning and facility maintenance at various recreation facilities at the City of Guelph. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Be prepared to greet all guests in a welcoming and friendly manner, consistently maintaining a winning attitude when working in Front of House areas.
- Assist with maintenance of ice (shoveling, moving nets, etc.) and operating associated equipment as required.
- Patrol facility looking for facility issues, safety hazards, or improper departmental operations, ensuring the safety of the public at all times.
- Perform general cleaning/ maintenance as required throughout each shift (e.g. sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, empty garbage containers, washroom and dressing room cleaning, snow shoveling and set-up/break down of specific rental requirements)
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and adhere to all City of Guelph and facility service standards and policies.
- Work with enthusiasm and professionalism as a member of Recreation team.
- Work within the specifications of supervisor or assigned supervisory staff at all times.
- Dress in a professional and well-kept manner.
- Perform any additional tasks as assigned.
- Customer service experience and/or relevant training is an asset.
- Experience using hand operated tools and cleaning equipment is an asset.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirement of the position which would include standing, walking, bending, lifting and pushing/pulling.
- Possession of valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certification is an asset.
- Ability to understand policies and procedures as they relate to the work being performed.
- Able to maintain good working relationship with co-workers.
Hours of Work
The individuals will work evenings, week-ends and holidays (up to 24 hours per week).
Rate of Pay
$14.25 per hour
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.