The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Perform on-site inspections of properties under the Yard Maintenance by-law
- Prepare and issue required notices and letters in relation to on-site inspections.
- Assist Property Standards Inspectors with their enforcement activity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate or currently enrolled in a Police Foundations program or equivalent.
- Previous experience in municipal by-law enforcement would be an asset.
- Basic familiarity with Municipal By-laws, Municipal Act and Provincial Offences Act.
- Must possess good computer skills in a Windows based environment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent team skills and have a sincere focus on Quality Customer Service.
- Must possess a valid ‘G’ driver’s license.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm they have a valid driver’s licence held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
$16.00 to $18.60 per hour depending on education level and work experience.
Hours of work
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Approximately 4 months beginning in April/May, and may be extended for up to 6 months.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Sunday, January 31, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.