The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the temporary position of Project Manager, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) within the Engineering and Transportation Services department. Reporting to the Manager Corporate Asset and Project Management, this position will oversee the program of work that includes implementation of CMMS solution, and integration of JDE Procurement and JDE Inventory across the City. This position requires a broad range of change management, business, and technical skills to guide the successful implementation of the new ERP solution throughout the organization. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Manage the overall ERP Program of work, ensuring that projects within the program are aligned with program objectives, anticipated benefits, and organizational strategy to ensure that the final deliverables achieve business objectives of the program.
- Provide vision and overall leadership of the program to project staff, including the project managers, analysts and business teams, to ensure successful delivery of outcomes of the program.
- Provide recommendations and updates to the Enterprise Resource Planning Program Manager Steering Committee.
- Lead status reporting on the ERP Program.
- Develop, implement and monitor the change management strategy and ensure successful organizational change and adoption of new business processes as relates to the ERP program. This includes development of appropriate training and sustainability strategies.
- Manage all program documentation, such as program management plans, business benefits realization plan, stakeholder and communication plans, ensuring that they are aligned with industry best practices.
- Monitor the progress of program components to ensure overall goals, schedules, budget and business benefits of the program are met.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through a university degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a related field and considerable experience in project management leading large projects from inception to implementation. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques.
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems and collaborate with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Excellent change management and leadership skills with experience in managing complex situations while maintaining focus on the program’s objectives.
- Good negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, chaos management skills and prioritization skills.
- Ability to set priorities, manage time and comply with deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Ability to develop corporate standards and training tools to enable enterprise level adoption of new tool.
- Ability to balance requests from multiple departments and seek solutions that meet the needs of the organization as a whole.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with IBM Maximo and JD Edwards Procurement and Inventory modules would be considered an asset.
- Completion of Institute of Asset Management Certificate or Diploma would be an asset.
- Must possess a valid Class “G” driver’s licence with a good driving record and access to a reliable vehicle. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their licence is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
$45.70-$57.13 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Tuesday, September 21, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.