The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the temporary position of Project Manager, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) within the Engineering and Transportation Services department. Reporting to the Manager Corporate Asset and Project Management, this position will oversee the implementation of a new CMMS solution throughout the City. This position requires a broad range of management, business, and technical skills to guide the successful implementation of a new CMMS solution throughout the organization. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Project manage the implementation of the new CMMS solution (IBM Maximo) to replace the City’s current CMMS (Oracle Work and Assessment Management System 1.9) single solution for work and asset management. This will include integrations to financial system (JDE), geographic information system (ESRI GIS) and other applications as required.
- Oversee the removal of Procurement, Inventory and Payroll functions from the City’s current CMMS.
- Provide guidance to the CMMS implementation team, including business analysts, technical team, business team, and human resources.
- Provide guidance to the Enterprise Resource Planning Program Manager.
- Coordinate with the Information Technology Project Manager and Business Leads on related projects within the Enterprise Resource Planning Program. This work includes JDE Procurement and JDE Inventory integration and implementation projects.
- Project manage the CMMS Implementation project budget, implementation schedule and manage identified risks.
- Lead status reporting for the CMMS Implementation project to project teams and provide updates to be presented to the Enterprise Resource Planning Program Steering Committee
- Guide overall organizational change management relating to the CMMS Implementation, including documenting of new standardized business processes, communication of changes and training.
- Facilitate and lead workshops and meetings with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization to support the CMMS Implementation project.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through a university degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a related field and experience in implementing Computerized Maintenance Management Software system. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Considerable experience in project management leading large projects from inception to implementation.
- Background in maintenance management roles, such as planner, supervisor, foreman etc., would be an asset.
- Familiarity with IBM Maximo would be considered an asset.
- Understanding of maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) management.
- Understanding of maintenance delivery processes.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of asset management concepts, including levels of service, life cycle costing, and the relationship between maintenance and capital items.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including experience with project management systems such as Microsoft Project or similar software.
- Ability to set priorities, manage time and comply with deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Ability to develop corporate standards and training tools to enable enterprise-level adoption of the new tool.
- Ability to balance requests from multiple departments and seek solutions that meet the needs of the organization as a whole.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be considered an asset.
- Completion of Institute of Asset Management Certificate or Diploma, and familiarity with asset management industry best practices, would be an asset.
- Must possess a valid Class “G” driver’s licence with a good driving record and access to a reliable vehicle. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their licence is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
$45.70-$57.13 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Wednesday, August 4, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.