The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the full time position of Program Manager, Development and Marketing within the Culture and Recreation Division, River Run Centre. Reporting to the Manager, Theatre and Civic Events, the successful candidate will create and implement strategy of the Development and Marketing program for River Run Centre and other Civic events, secure new and retain existing Sponsors, secure new and existing grant opportunities for the department, provide functional oversight to the marketing and development team and grow strong relationships within the community. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
Development / Sponsorship
- Create, lead and maintain sponsorship and development program for the River Run Centre and professional programming season.
- Work closely with existing sponsors, funders and donors, fostering strong relationships and create unique ways to show recognition.
- Ensure detailed and accurate agreements with all corporate sponsors and funders; ensuring open and transparent collection of funds.
- Attend and cultivate sponsor recognition events, interact with sponsors on performance or recognition nights; deliver sponsor recognition at River Run Centre events; ensure financial responsibility for events without limiting recognition.
- Create and implement strategy for new opportunities for sponsorship and development for the River Run Centre, Civic Events and other City of Guelph facilities or events.
- Prepare and submit all grant applications for River Run Centre, maintain relationships with granting bodies, complete all necessary reporting with detail and on time.
- Design, develop and oversee marketing and promotions for the River Run Centre and professional programming season.
- Develop creative programs for a strong social media campaign to support professional programming season.
- Direct and monitor style guide; align to corporate program, maintaining a high quality of visuals and accuracy of information in all marketing and development material, website and media.
- Design and implement ways to increase ticket sales, offering options for last minute boosts in sales or audience attendance.
- Support marketing and event management for other Special Events, as required.
- Work with Manager to reach targets and budget, reporting on variances.
- Functional oversight to Marketing and Development team at the River Run Centre; along with any part time staff and contract workers.
- Provide feedback to the Manager on training and staff development.
- Direct and design community outreach and client relationships, follow through on partnership opportunities, create programs or polices, as required.
- Support the other Supervisors, as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a post-secondary program in a related discipline and considerable experience in Development and Marketing in a Culture environment. Candidates with an equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrates detailed Marketing experience, with a proven track record of success of selling performances and events.
- Demonstrates success in obtaining grants from all levels of government and corporate sponsorships from all levels of business.
- Demonstrates success identifying and maintaining sponsorship and donor programs, showing creativity and strong relationships in a cultural or not for profit environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage many tasks in a fast paced customer service environment and be readily acceptable to changing work priorities at any time.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to multi task.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of the needs of the performing arts/entertainment sector, corporations, community groups and other potential clients.
- Excellent customer service skills with sound judgment and decision making skills; ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and general public.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Special event management (and logistics) experience an asset.
- Public speaking experience an asset.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
$75,634.49 – $94,543.11
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Friday, June 18, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.