The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the position of Program Manager, Continuous Improvement Office within the Finance Team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will work with all levels of employees across the organization with the objective of driving change that will positively affect the performance of the departments and enhance our service to the community. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Research, assess and assist with implementation of industry best practices;
- Lead process reviews and identify opportunities to enhance current business practices;
- Liaise with management and staff to coordinate process improvement project activities;
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement teams across the organization;
- Inspect effectiveness of active process improvement initiatives and make useful recommendations;
- Collect information and evaluate them in the alignment of project goals and the City’s Strategic Plan;
- Create process plans that contain project charters, goals, milestones, and resources;
- Manage and coordinate continuous service-improvement efforts;
- Assist in establishing justification for continuous improvement projects;
- Provide technical advice and problem-solving assistance to the departments within the organization;
- Conduct statistical analysis to identify performance trends and improvement opportunities;
- Track key departmental and project performance indicator (KPI) metrics and assist with the implementation of corrective actions;
- Prepare reports and presentations on activities and plans for Management, Council and Community;
- Support activities of the Corporation;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a post-secondary degree in Engineering Technology, Business Administration or a related field with progressive experience in a quality assurance or continuous improvement-oriented role. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be an asset;
- Strong understanding of continuous improvement and Lean methodologies;
- Experience working with and evaluating performance measurement methods and statistical analysis;
- Knowledge of municipal activities is an asset;
- Proven experience of implementing successful process improvement projects;
- Ability to prepare complex statistical reports and efficiency calculations;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office software and relevant business applications is required;
- Team-oriented with demonstrable leadership, change management and project management skills;
- Possess excellent communication, presentation, organization and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous improvement and quality customer service;
- Able to manage multiple and changing demands and priorities
$81,633.25 to $102,041.56
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Wednesday November 20, 2019. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.