The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
The Programming and Community Development Department is seeking a dynamic, responsible individual to coordinate and deliver a children and youth wheelchair tennis program.
- Deliver dynamic and creative physical activity programming for children and youth.
- Provide on-site supervision and leadership to participants.
- Take a lead role in the development and implementation of weekly activities.
- Act as a resource and advocate for participating children, youth and parents.
- Responsible for R-Zone program compliance.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and kept in an acceptable, safe condition.
Hours of work
2 hours per week. Evenings will be required.
- Experience coaching tennis
- Possess excellent communication skills- verbal and written
- Have a good understanding and experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Previous experience working with children and youth ages 8-18 years old.
- Previous experience in program planning, development and implementation for this age group.
- A valid Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate preferred.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal skills) and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent Conflict Resolution Skills with the ability to identify and resolve conflicts before they escalate.
- A satisfactory police record/criminal reference check will be required at the time of hiring
$23.35 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Friday, September 7, 2018. Please submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.