Resumes are being accepted for Pottery Program Instructor with the Parks and Recreation Department.
We are looking for an experienced potter who has training in ceramics and has the desire to teach and instruct both adults as well as children from beginner to advanced courses in the art of pottery.
- Set-up and clean-up of program activities
- Plan and implement age appropriate program activities
- Responsible for taking the necessary steps for ensuring the safety of both children and adults in the program at all times (following City of Guelph process and procedure)
- Teach a well thought-out weekly plan, incorporating different ceramics techniques.
- A positive, encouraging attitude
- Highly responsible and punctual
- Extensive ceramics background and past teaching experience
- Thoughtful, energetic and passionate about teaching
- Ability to problem-solve and work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate and interact positively
- Extensive knowledge in handbuilding and pottery on the wheel
- Extensive knowledge in glazing and firing pottery in kilns
RATE OF PAY:
$19.33 per hour
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Tonie.Sacchetti@guelph.ca by Friday, March 2, 2018.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.