The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference. We are looking for an experienced potter who has training in ceramics and has the desire to teach and instruct both adults as well as children from beginner to advanced courses in the art of pottery
- Set-up and clean-up of program activities
- Plan and implement age appropriate program activities
- Responsible for taking the necessary steps for ensuring the safety of both children and adults in the program at all times (following City of Guelph process and procedure)
- Teach a well thought-out weekly plan, incorporating different ceramics techniques.
- Have weekend and week night availability to facilitate Open Studio time.
- A positive, encouraging attitude
- Highly responsible and punctual
- Extensive ceramics background and past teaching experience
- Thoughtful, energetic and passionate about teaching
- Ability to problem-solve and work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate and interact positively
- Extensive knowledge in handbuilding and pottery on the wheel
- Extensive knowledge in glazing and firing pottery in kilns
$14.25 – $21.37 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to Tonie.Sacchetti@guelph.ca by Friday November 2, 2018. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.