The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Located in the heart of downtown Guelph, the River Run Centre is a magnificent performing arts center that opened in October 1997. The Centre houses a 786-seat Main Stage Theatre, the 225-seat Co-operators Hall and the large Canada Company Hall, a communal lobby that is also multi-purpose.
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, learning and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – an inclusive, connected, prosperous city where we look after each other and our environment.
We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Volunteer Coordinator to work part time (20 hours per week). Evenings and weekends are required.
- Oversee the administration of the volunteer program including all on boarding of new volunteers
- Oversee recruitment and retention processes and lead mandatory training programs
- Maintain the volunteer database Volgistics. This may include but not limited to adding events, monitoring participation and formulation of communications
- Effectively communicate upcoming activities and scheduling requirements via phone, e-mail and bi-monthly newsletters
- Ensure sufficient staffing for events requiring volunteers. This may include events outside the River Run Centre
- Maintain and/or create position specific job descriptions
- Attend monthly Volunteer Manager’s meetings and other events, which incorporate volunteers.
- Act as co-chair for Volunteer Liaison Committee
- Oversee and organize volunteer socials
- Ensure adequate supplies of uniforms, nametags, etc. for existing and new volunteers
- Administer volunteer budget
- Plan annual volunteer recognition events and other various events throughout the year in accordance with volunteer budget
- Assist with Front of House duties when necessary and appropriate
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Completion of a Grade 12 Diploma
- A minimum of three years administrative and hands-on experience working in a volunteer environment along with related post-secondary education required
- Experience providing work direction, leadership and training of volunteers.
- Excellent customer service skills with sound judgement and decision making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills, neat appearance and positive attitude when dealing with co-workers, volunteers and patrons
- Volunteer Management Software experience would be an asset particularly familiarity with Volgistics
- Smart Serve certification required
- Familiarity with point of sale systems and debit/credit terminals
- Familiarity with different types of events e.g. corporate, ticketed, private, etc.
$19.41 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by Sunday, November 24th, 2019 by sending their cover letter and resume as one document (pdf or word) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Resumes can be submitted:
- In person: River Run Centre Box Office, 35 Woolwich Street Monday – Friday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- By mail: River Run Centre Box Office, 35 Woolwich Street, Guelph, ON N1H 3V1
- By email: email@example.com
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.